This post contains a recap of the (almost) monthly Logic Apps Live webcast. In case you missed it or you don’t want to watch the complete session, you can find here the most important highlights! Watch the complete recording over here:
- Remove parallel branches: easily remove parallel branches in the designer.
- SOAP Pass-Through: handy when you don’t want the Logic App to create the request message itself, but just act as a façade service.
- Configurable Logic Apps lifetime: allows you to configure how long the Logic Apps history remains available, between 7 and 90 days. A nice feature to be in line with GDPR. You can find it in the Workflow Settings tab.
- Exponentional retry: advanced retry policy now available with an exponentional back-off mechanism.
- Token tooltips: an easy way to see the full expression when you hover the expression tokens.
- Response schema: gives a great user experience when consuming a child Logic App.
- On Premises Data Gateway: supports now custom connectors, which means REST and SOAP API’s, and supports now high availability.
- Custom assemblies in maps: possibility to reference custom assemblies that are uploaded in your Integration Account from within your maps. Unfortunately, no documentation available yet on how to reference these assemblies from within your maps.
- New Liquid actions: extra input / output formats available such as TEXT and XML.
A whole bunch of new connectors have been added. Here’s the list:
- Office365 Excel
- PostgreSQL (read and write actions)
- Microsoft To-DO
What’s in progress?
This is a long list of features the product team is currently working on!
- Complex conditions in the portal
- Degree of parallellism for split-on and request triggers
- Tracked properties in the designer
- Snippet patterns to accelerate common development tasks
- Updated resource blade
- XSLT 3 support
- Array control
- Chunked handling between the different size limits of connectors
- Disaster recovery for trigger state failover (!)
- Request schema validation
- Service Bus SAS Key support
- US Gov Cloud
Connectors coming soon!
- SAP trigger (!)
- SAP schema generation
- Azure Data Factory
- Workday Finance
- Marketing Content Hub
- Pitney Bowes GeoTax
A pity that we had to wait 2,5 months for another update. Very happy that the SAP trigger has been announced, because we have quite some customers waiting on that feature!